Saturday, February 7, 2009

Work Wardrobe Chronicles - Business Casual Friday







UO Grey Tuxedo Cardigan
Theory Pencil Skirt
White Pumps with Black Lace Trim


Club Monaco Tweed Vest
Raven Tailored Wool Trousers 
Erin Fetherston for Target Blouse

I only get to dress business casual on Fridays, the only day of the work week to look less like a corporate robot.  I am always worried though, that dressing too stylishly at work may result in not being taken seriously.  Business formal is simple, my definition involves one or more of the following : suit, blazer, collared shirt, and certain type of dresses.  Business casual, however, is more open for interpretation. 

For the environment I work in,  I consider any skirt shorter than knee length to be inappropriate.  Cardigans are safe options, as are vest and blouse pairings.  Not exactly fashion forward but respectable enough.  These shoes deserve a special mention,  they were purchased for five dollars, from a random boutique I found while traveling in Asia.  So pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment