Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ippudo, Ramen so Good It Makes U Cry



Ippudo serves, among other things,  Ramen ( not the kind you douse with hot water ).  Silky, flavorful Tonkotsu broth and al dente noodles are their specialty.  When I lived in Midtown,  I had Ramen at unhealthy frequency because the only eateries near my apartment were Sushi shops, tourist traps, and Ramen houses.  Eating Sushi everyday would have cost me my rent, and nobody in their right mind should eat at Friday's in New York City,  so Ramen became my friend.  
Ippudo's Tonkotsu Ramen is one of the best in the city,  and in my opinion, even better than Momofuku's.  Its tasty broth is the culmination of simmering pork bones for as long as 18 hours.  Speaking of long periods of time,  prepare your self for ridiculous waits during peak dining hours, quite ironic since Ramen is supposed to be a fast food.  Ippudo is located on Fourth Avenue at Ninth Street.

1 comment:

  1. Love that place. The long wait is worth it!!

    ReplyDelete