Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bunch of Animals



I work in an intense environment heavily dominated by males. In most meetings, I am not only the only female present but also one of the youngest. I'm very conservative and cautious about what I wear to work because I don't want people to focus on my outfit and would like to be taken seriously.

I wore this dress to work, because it's a great shape ( bloussant top, pleats... ), plus the length is about as short as I can go at the office. However, check the print on this dress, full of sizable bunnies, bears in tutus, mushrooms, ponies, and ducks wearing big hats. Mulled over this for half a second, and decided oh well, can't always take yourself too seriously. Plus, adding pearls to anything makes it classy, right?

Pinkyotto Satin Dress, Top Shop Peep Toes :

8 comments:

  1. you can hardly go wrong with cute animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a problem with finding small belts too, especially ones to cinching a dress since those need to sit higher and therefore, be smaller. Most of the ones I wear for that purpose are elastic too! I get most of mine from F21, but I've gotten a few from Banana Republic or Urban Outfitters. For leather belts that go in belt loops, you have have them be a little bit bigger since they sit on your hips. I basically buy any belt where an XS is available!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and that dress is so cute! Reminds me of Fifi Lapin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute dress!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell us a little bit about your education and what it is that you do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the print on that dress! so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute! definitely a fun wake up to the boring old office uniform!

    ReplyDelete